Accounting Assistant Position
The Accounting Assistant is charged with running accounting software programs (e.g. SAGE 100) to process business transactions, such as accounts receivable and payable, expense vouchers and disbursements. Additionally, this role will onboard new hires and process payroll via Paychex.
The accounting assistant should be familiar with all accounting procedures and have a flair for numbers.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
- Enter and Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
- Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws
- Constantly update job knowledge
- Backup of Receptionist duties
- Proven accounting experience, preferably as an Accounts receivable clerk or Accounts payable clerk
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Competency in MS Office, databases and accounting software
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and financial reports
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers
- Ability to perform filing and record keeping tasks
- Data entry and word processing skills
- Well organized
- High school degree
- Associate degree or relevant certification is a plus
To apply please sure the link below & send your Cover Letter and Resume to Rogers with 'Accounting Assistant' in the subject line.