Associate Account Manager
An Associate Account Manager (AAM) is directly responsible for supporting both clients and broader account team during the planning and execution of customer’s projects, shows and schedules with timely solutions that fit our client’s budgets while achieving profitable margins for The Rogers Company. This is achieved by the account team gaining a thorough understanding of client requests, being proactive to help clients hit critical target dates and overcoming obstacles both internally and externally. An AAM is expected to work directly and independently with clients while keeping the Account Manager (AM) informed and seeking guidance as needed. This position is also expected to work with the broader account team to help obtain new business and help manage and document all activities that make up each client project.
An Associate Account Manager supports the management team that provides direction to the company. The direction must be sound and thought through as it will have an impact on client projects and margins. It requires meticulous writing skills and an understanding of the specific needs within each department to ensure proper documented direction is provided and understood. This position is also part of a succession planning program that can lead to an Account Manager position, and potentially an Account Executive position.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collectively assembling and maintaining client schedules, critical dates and internal timelines
- Working with internal departments and team members to understand workload and help set client expectations; alerting the AM and team to any potential issues that may prevent TRC from delivering client’s expectations
- Supporting the process of submitting work orders in a timely manner to provide TRC visibility and scope of the project
- Supporting the communication needs with Show Service Coordinators for all on-site requirements
- Keep track of sign-off dates needed to maintain production schedules
- Be available to address possible on-site issues and help set in motion a direction to help protect client’s budget
- Preparation of job folders by pulling job number numbers, job data, and setting up files
- Review Show Service Estimates against Show Service Work Orders to validate needs of project
- Review Quotes with Account Team to make sure all aspects of quote are accurate
- Assist in managing the Portables program for participating clients by completing orders, maintaining client Extranet sites, creating labels, confirming and tracking shipments
- Entering jobs in Show Schedule to keep the Team on task
- Support broader account team in ExhibitForce planning, preparation, and execution as well as client onboarding
- Assist in preparing PowerPoint presentations for client proposals and as needed for special projects
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- Associates degree (or experience) or above preferred.
- Strong analytical capabilities to drive margins and leverage data.
- Exceptional organizational, communication and interpersonal skills – listening, written and verbal. Ability to manage priorities and deliver assignments on time.
- Ability to manage priorities and multi-task in a fast-paced workplace with both projects and clients.
- Proficient at Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Experience with SharePoint a plus.
- Successful in cultivating relationships with customers and company personnel at all levels.
- Conflict resolution and emotional intelligence with the ability to exhibit poise, composure and confidence when confronting stressful or high-pressure situations.
- Hands-on, self-starter, and detail-oriented individual with the ability to work independently in a high-volume environment that requires a work product that is highly accurate and timely.
- Ability to travel to event sites and shows to help support show execution and client relationships.
- Ability to be able to pivot and prioritize in an environment with changing schedules and timelines.
- Experience working in the trade show industry and/or event planning and coordination – a strong plus!
To apply, click the link below to send us an email. Please put 'Associate Account Manager' in the subject line. Be sure to include your Cover Letter and Resume, as well.